Thursday, July 31, 2008

A package from far far away...



Much to my delight I found a little package from the land down under in my mail box this afternoon! My Australian friend C was in this country last May for our best friends wedding. While she was here I fell in love with her lip balm, "Lucas' Papaw Ointment." The little red tube of delight reads, "Fresh Fermented Fruit," and, " A local topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites and nappy rash." Now these Lucas people seem to believe their tube is filled with cure-all magic. I think its the best lip balm ever! If you run across it in this country I suggest you try it!

Happy bird with soft lips and Minties to chew on!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I brought back like 3 huge bags of Minties. I have no more left :( I am going to get one of my Aussie friends to send some in exchange for Reeses.

Well I Do Declare said...

I am intrigued by the Papaw ointment. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever tried the Minties in Australia. We were big fans of Tim Tams!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

Oooh, the ointment looks very interesting.