Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dinner Winner | Creamy Lobster Pappardelle from Cooking Light

We've reached the 3rd trimester and my most surprising preggo fact: no insane cravings that must be fulfilled AT THAT VERY MOMENT. Thats not to say there aren't a bevy of things that haven't been in my typical diet that I'm now enjoying (ahem, Dukes mayo, you are now my friend). One of said indulgences: lobster. Now when this getting-ever-rounder-by-the-day gal saw on New Years Eve that lobster tails were 2 for $10 at the Kroger I knew 2 things had to happen: lobster was officially on our menu & I needed a recipe.

Off to the trusty Cooking Light archives I went and found this gem: Creamy Lobster Pappardelle





Man oh man was this a good one. Simple enough for a Wednesday, but tasty enough for a special occasion. You're going to want to try this one!

I made a few substitutions:
-While the Krog had lobster, they didn't have pappardelle. I used the "fresh" buttoni linguini instead.
-I cooked for 2 so only used half the recipe for the sauce, but cooked 2 tails.
-I didn't really want to start off 2013 with a pint of heavy cream in the fridge for a recipe that only called for a teeny bit, so I subbed in our regular light half & half used in morning coffee. This probably made the sauce a little thinner but I didn't care, it included LOBSTER.


Also:
-I served with a green salad topped with grapefruit & feta.
-Next time I plan on adding in some spinach with the pasta. Another one of those "man this is tastier than it used to be" ingredients for me that I think would really complement the dish while adding some more nutrients.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

We always have fat free half and half for coffee and I've found it's a great substitute for milk, whole milk and cream in cooking. It probably was a smidge thinner than real cream would have made it, but it's always so nice when you can use what you have instead of having to buy that ONE ingredient that you need approximately 1/2 tsp of (I'm looking at you tomato paste...).