Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's on your wish-list?

Exactly when did it get to be the first of December? I sort of kind of feel like my favorite season of fall breezed by in a flash. In honor of the first of December (rabbit, rabbit!) here is my short list of gift-wishes! Gilded Herringbone Classic Toms.
I've been quite wishy washy about Toms. I love their mission. I love how comfy they are. I even had them on my birthday wish list and my now husband gave me a gift certificate for a pair (which ended up getting turned into work shoes instead.) I thought the white soles of the summer collection were ugly. Enter herringbone & glitter & neutral soles. Sparkly hearts.
Can't you see me frolicking amongst the (mostly dormant) grape-vines in Napa over New Years in these babys?

I have a blog-crush on the ever snarky and fabulous Pioneer Woman and her food.
Naturally the next stage is her cookbook.





I love to read. I love to read in bed. I think I drive my morning-person husband nuts with my light & page turning at night. The solution? A nook! I thought I was a kindle girl 'til I realized I can read blogs on the nook, & check out books from my local library on the nook, & read magazines on my nook. I want to be a nook girl. (I am also a big fan of my local library.) Perfection I do say.



Call me Mrs. Shiverpants, I am always cold. I think my co-workers might think I own stock in cardigans. I realize I live in the south & a down coat might seem a bit excessive but let's review: last winter was COLD & it snowed, like, 4 times. It is very cold & dark when Pete goes on morning walks that I must get out of my cozy warm bed to go on. (Have I mentioned that my husband is the morning person of the family that usually leaves Pete & myself in bed for at least an hour before we get up?)
I think this $99 landsend turquoise option is a winner. REI had some cute ones on black Friday specials (one of 4 stores I was able to get the badger into the day after Thanksgiving) but you can't beat old faithful lands end!
Happy December 1st!




12 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

I think I'm just going to forward your wishlist to my husband. You are a girl after my own heart, that's for sure! Although, I do adore my Kindle (not that Ive had much time to ready lately...) I'm majorly shoe-crushing on some Toms. At first I thought they looked so dumb, but now? I'm jonesing for the silver sparkly pair! Carter says I need them :) haha! Hopefully Santa gives you everything you want!

Anonymous said...

aaah! i want those Toms AND a nook AND the pioneer lady cookbook.

we are internet friends for life!

Kelly V. said...

oh my - I believe I will just copy and paste your wishlist to my inlaws and let them choose :) I sure do love my Toms ... I have already informed my husband I will need several more pairs for our spring trips!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

LOVE the Toms...def. would be perfect for your honeymoon. I asked for the Pioneer Woman cookbook for Christmas too! Can't wait to hear all of the details about the honeymoon when you go!

Nat said...

I can't decided if the like the Toms yet, I keep going back and forth but those are really cute!

LuvRedandWhite said...

I NEVER knew that you could read library books from a nook! I want! And the Toms? I love them, too :)

Happy December, my sweet friend :)

Mikaela said...

i live in California and i own a down coat. i am alwaaaaayyys cold. that one is such a pretty color!!

Brittany said...

love love love your blog!! SOoo cute! I have a slight obbsession with the Pioneer Woman's cookbook! This is a MUST HAVE cookbook :)

Christina said...

Looove the cute coat. I think I might need it!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Great list! I love PW recipes as well, my binder at home is full of printouts from her site.

Tammy@InStitches said...

Hmmm, I was thinking of getting my Mom a kindle but she would love to check out library books. I'll have to look into the Nook ! Hope you get some Toms.

Wendy said...

Wish I knew about the Nook before. I think my dad got us a Kindle for Christmas. But I would so like a Nook instead... for the same reasons too.