Friday, November 19, 2010

Were-Pete


Were-Pete (yes I've been listening to the Sookie Stackhouse series for the past month on my commute and my brain is full of supe-refrences...no judgments, right?) caught his first official squirrel (not just nipped the tail) this morning on our walk. Like a good little (big) setter/pointer/lab he proudly showed me his catch, then dropped it when i said (screamed) "Pete, release!" The squirrel then scurried up a nearby tree. I'm not so sure what I would have done had he not dropped it/it ran away unscathed.

2 comments:

At least I'm skinny said...

I have one of the sookie stackhouse books waiting patiently for me to finish my semester. I can't wait!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

OMG I would die! I'm glad it got up and ran away. I've always heard stories about people's animals bringing them dead things. Gross.