Thursday, July 29, 2010

We went to a party ...

...and it was 104 degrees and everyone managed to forget to take pictures! A group of my parents friends in my hometown threw a wonderful summer supper for the badger and me Sunday evening. Despite the heat we had a nice time catching up with everyone!

The original plan was to have supper poolside but when the mercury started to rise, the party was moved inside! I did a little online shopping for the perfect frock to wear and ordered these cuties from ModCloth.

{Romantic Getaway Dress}

I loved the colors and the flower. Unfortunately this dress was rather disappointing. It appeared as if I was wearing a burlap sack and the zipper came off track the first time I put it on. Cute idea, the execution just wasn't there.

On to the next option:

{Live It Up Dress}

Loved the colors, the ruffles, and the dots. It fit nicely and was the perfect cotton-silk blend to keep you cool on a hot summer night. Unfortunately I was just too tall for the cut of this dress. If you are under 5'8 and don't have long legs/a long torso this dress is for you!

ModCloth is super easy and helpful to work with and offers free returns, so back they went!

I was determined to find something cute that would keep me cool and I ended up with this classic cotton dress by La Via 18 via the Saks Fifth Avenue sale!




-------------------------------------
Don't forget, today is the last day to enter my (give)away!

8 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Cute dresses, glad you found one that worked for you!

Unknown said...

Love the Mod Cloth dress! I just might have to get it!!

Unknown said...

Those dresses are too cute! Have a great day! xoxo.

Dollface said...

cute finds!!! xxxxooo

At least I'm skinny said...

I have definitely heard the same too short problem from someone else regarding multiple styles of modcloth dresses so I'm steering clear. I am both over 5'8 and have a long torso.

Cool Gal said...

Very cute dress.

I do love the one that's off the shoulder, too. :)

The Mrs. said...

The heat is unbearable on the east coast! We were literally dying in CT! LA has cooled off so much! Love the dress! Sounds like you still had a blast!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Great dress finds!