Thursday, January 31, 2008

Brave New...Blog? and the story of Pete

Hi, my name is Kate and I'm a preppy-blog lurker. I've been reading a few of my favorite blogs for a while now and decided it was high time to put my stamp on the world wide web. Bare with me because I'm a newbie at this!

The bf and I adopted Pete on Cinco de Mayo of last year. He is getting ready to celebrate his first birthday (Early February) and I cannot believe it! He makes me smile every single day. Pete has also turned me into, gasp, an early bird! I made this realization as the alarm was going off this morning. He sleeps in the bed like a human: on his back, 4 legs in the air. I think he has ESP. As soon as my eyes open (after hitting snooze once) he immediately makes a few stretching sounds and belly crawls up on top of me to lick my face for the real wake up call. After a few scratches he is ready for a walk. I used to be a multiple snooze offender, but am now reformed thanks to a furry white with black spots alarm clock. Amazing how a dog can change your whole outlook!

No comments: