Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hat Toss.

Last Sunday, after waiting a little extra for the rain clouds to part, my little sister graduated in the 168th commencement ceremony from our picturesque alma mater. I hadn't been to a graduation ceremony there since mine 9 years prior. Despite the soggy start, the clouds parted and a beautiful ceremony steeped in tradition commenced. Just a couple of grainy images to share from my cell ... hopefully better ones to share soon!

(I thought of Miss. "At Least I'm Skinny" when I donned my rain/sun red hat in honor of the feast of Pentecost & celebration of my sister!)

The rain/air conditioning / rain / ac combo we've been experiencing for the past several days has led me to have a full blown summertime cold. I'll be back to regular posting in a few days!

_______________________
Dress: Elizabeth McKay (I've never heard this line before but its very ME!) from Monkees.
Hat: San Diego Hat Company via an adorable hat shop in Carmel, CA

5 comments:

LuvRedandWhite said...

LOVE your dress and hat :) Congrats to your sister!

Miss YOU, by the way! XOXO

At least I'm skinny said...

I haven't even really read the post because I was sooooooooo excited about the hat picture!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. That is exactly what I'm going for. Way to bring the hat back!

(I am so mega excited you have no idea. I'm now going back to read what the post is about)

At least I'm skinny said...

Ok, read the post, back for a real comment. Congrats to your sister!

Unknown said...

I have an Elizabeth McKay shirt I got a few years ago and it is one of my favorites! I love the dress/hat combo on you!! Congrats to your sister!

ldavids said...

In the grove of stately oak trees...