Monday, September 14, 2009

Tell them.

An unimaginable accident occurred in my area on Saturday morning. A groom was on his way to breakfast with his best man and several groomsmen 4 hours prior to walking down the aisle to commit til death do us part with the love of his life. A driver ran a red light and struck the vehicle driven by his best man and the groom, who was not wearing his seat belt, was ejected from the car and then hit by oncoming traffic and passed away. Knowing nothing of the accident, the bride continued to get ready for her walk down the aisle and wedding guests arrived at the church to learn that there would be no wedding, but instead a impromptu memorial service. With great grace and poise the bride addressed the crowd and professed her love for her now missing groom.

While I'd only met the groom on several occasions in social situations, the news of his passing has weighed on myself heavily this weekend. There are no guarantees in life, only in spiritual life. While it may be hard to see now or even in a year, God has a plan for each of us. Our time here is short, some shorter than others. Enjoy every minute and tell them. Tell your friends, family, significant other, and even furry friends you love them. You never know when it will be too late.

21 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

How awful - no one should have to go through that.

Jessi said...

I just got chills.....what a tragic story.

Suburban Princess said...

And this should remind everyone to always wear their seatbelt.

QueenBeeSwain said...

you and the groom and his family are in my thoughts and prayers, this is so devastating :(

kHm

Prissy Southern Prep said...

That is truly impossible to fathom. I am so sad for the bride. I will keep this tragedy in my prayers. May God bless that family.

Summer Athena said...

This is just so awful and for that bride to have such grace in her time of grief is even more amazing and admirable. Thoughts going out to all involved.

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I heard about this. My cousin is friends with one of the groomsmen. I just got chills again when I read what you wrote. There are so many terrible things can than happen, but this has to be at the top of the list.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

OH my, how tragic. :(

Hannah D. said...

Wow, what a tragedy - thank you for sharing this story as it is just a reminder that every day is a blessing. And wow, what class and strength the bride showed in being able to address her guests.

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a sad story. What you said is so true.

Dollface said...

OMG.... that is the most heartbreaking thing... i cant... i just cant... please wear seatbelts!! xxxoo

Muffy said...

Ohhhh, HOW SAD!!!!!

CAC muffin said...

ohhhh my gosh what a heartbreaking story! you are their families are in my thoughts and prayers

nanny said...

Bless her heart....unbearable pain...

Princess Freckles said...

That is heart breaking. I can only hope that that bride is able to find strength in the Lord right now.

Lisa said...

I heard about that at family dinner last night - what a tragic situation for them to have to endure in what should have been the happiest day of so many lives. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who had the pleasure of knowing them.

KAC said...

That is seriously one of the most tragic stories I've ever heard. That poor bride...my heart definitely goes out to her and their families.

Cas said...

Oh my...that is such sad news. May the bride to be and family take comfort in the time they shared with him.

Red and White Preppy said...

Oh, sweetie! I didn't know that you knew him... Please let me know if you need anything...xoxo.

Lucky in Love said...

This is unbelievable! How sad!

The Mrs. said...

That is the saddest story I've ever heard. Terrible.