Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Topics: As Seen on TV

A few weeks ago while I was putting away a winter purse I discovered a $20 bill in the hidden pocket. Don't you just love it when you discover money you didn't know you had? While I probably should have put the money away for a rainy day, I decided right then and there to do 2 things. (1) put $10 towards my yearly church pledge (2) spend $10 on a "treat" since that doesn't happen all that often these days.

I happened to be in Walgreens later that day and was browsing the lotion section when I noticed a whole shelf of "As Seen on TV" items. I think I've said before that the badger and I easily get sucked into watching infomercials, while we have never ordered anything. Amongst the "Slap Chops," "Shamwows," and "Sunggies" I saw what I was going to spend my fun-money on: The Strap Perfect.

I suffer from constant strap slipping of my undergarments. Since sleeveless season is just around the corner I went in for the kill. AND it was on sale for just $8.99. Upon arriving home, I slipped on the SP according to the directions. I found it uncomfortable with bra style a, so I switched to B. Much better. No slipping. It did take some getting used to (not exactly a normal feeling having a disk in between your shoulder blades!). I wore it on and off for about a week and decided that for the not-so-voluptuous-on-top ladies like me it is perfect for shirt styles with racer backs or that are cut in. I did not have the cleavage boost they advertise. I think the reason I'm not sold is that the straps on my bras are not long enough at the longest setting to not squeeze too hard in the back. I'd be curious if anyone else out there has tried the product and has any suggestions?

So, my fabulous readers, if you found $20 in your pocket you didn't know you had, what would you do with it?

11 comments:

Lis said...

I'm was so interested to read your review on this - I crack up at the commercials but I see how it could really help with the "slippy shoulders" (my mom and I both have the same problem!!).

And I had to think long and hard about the $20 - I think I would make an Easter basket for the family across the street that just had their 4th child. I know money is tight over there and they would really appreciate it --- hmm... I may go do this today even without the found money!! :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I always laugh when I see these commercials! Although, I do have that problem sometimes with dresses!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Hmmm... I think I would get a new pair of shoes! Not expensive ones but something cute from Marshall's!

Dollface said...

I would probably buy a new dog treat for the pug... and how funny w/your bra clip.. i think that would hurt if i leaned on it!! xoxo

Lucky in Love said...

I've been wondering about those....

I think I'd surprise my hubby with some dinner out. Nothing expensive (maybe Chik-fil-a or some a la carte Mexican??). We have given up eating out since his firm took a pay cut...so I think this would be nice!

Stereos and Souffles said...

With a found $20 bill I would go to TJMaxx and buy my favorite Asquith & Sommerset coconut banana liquid hand soap (2 bottles), the sugar scrub, and the body lotion all for $20.

Denim and Pearls said...

If I found $20, it would go straight in the bank. I just ordered a GPS today and would just consider that $20 a piece of my Amazon bill!

QueenBeeSwain said...

you're funny lady :) visible bra straps have to be in my top 10 pet-peeve list- never acceptable, no matter what in my book!

kHm

EmFabulousFunshine said...

i've seen this infomercial before and have been very curious. Thanks for the heads up that its available in stores.

My extra money usually goes to junk food or a cheap bottle of wine...

Bella's Magnolia said...

I got one of these at a small boutique in New York over a year ago. At first I remember feeling like it was very uncomfortable. I also remember feeling like it wasn't going to hold my bra straps and just snap!

I learned to adjust my straps to the longest length, and it really doesn't bother me at all now, I use it all the time, now that I'm comfortable with it. Bra straps slipping out used to be one of my biggest pet peeves, I felt so sloppy, but I've learned to use these and swear by them now. I hope you can get used to it!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I have been curious about these too! I have problems with straps too. Boo!

I hope you are doing well!