Thursday, March 5, 2009

Signature Scent.

Queen Bee Swain tagged moi to share my signature scent with you. I have a confession: I don't have a signature scent, unless you consider dove soap, unscented lotion, and finesse shampoo a signature! Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-scent, I went through several choice scents in the over-scented middle school years; Sun, Moon, & Stars; Sunflower; and Happy, just to name a few ... (oh these bring back some smelly memories)

When college rolled around and my friends graduated to Romance, Simply Vera, & Envy, I stuck with a fresh scent that made me happy:
Have you ever smelled Bobbi Brown Beach? It truly smells like sunscreen, fresh air, and salty water. I loved it. Until I realized that I smelled like I was sunbathing year long. Which takes me to now. A scent-less bird.

I have found the line I believe to have my adult signature, and that is Jo Malone.

I love the very light, barely there, organic scents. I have yet to decide on which one will be me ... one day. Will it be Lime Basil & Mandarin? or perhaps French Lime Blossom. Only time, (when funds become more readily available) will tell!

Play along if you wish!

10 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I'll have to give those both a *sniff*!

Heather said...

I am without a signature scent too. Most perfumes give me a headache. I used to wear Estee Lauder Dazzling Silver and sometimes Stella by Stella McCartney.

Hopsy said...

I have not smelled the Bobbi Brown sent and I use her makeup! Must get on that! I do ADORE all things Jo Malone, the grapfruit is one of my favorites!

Purple Flowers said...

I love the Jo Malone line. Her hand cream is wonderful.
My signature scent is by Lancome - Magic Noire (Magic pronounced Magie). It means magic night. I have had men and women ask me what I am wearing in a very complimentary way. I love it!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Jo Malone LBM is my mom's favorite scent, I used to have to bring it back for her from London. Good thing it came to the US. I love that smell. As for me... I don't have one, except Dove, as you say :-) I need one!!!

Susan D. said...

Sunflowers and Happy make me nauseaous ... I wore them too much! I love Beach, but never bought it for the same reasons you stated. I love that smell for 3 months, but didn't know if I would love it for 12! I typically wear Amamzing Grace by Philosophy - it's clean and light. I haven't tried the Jo Malone, but will look for it. Sounds nice!

Lucky in Love said...

Tagged you!

adozeneggs said...

I got samples of Beach shower gel at a small business seminar in NYC where Bobbi Brown and Kate and Jack Spade were speakers. I love the smell of that shower gel. I even still have a little bit left.
Vermonters must think it's odd that I smell like the beach in the middle of winter.
I LOVE Sugar and Hesperides by Fresh. Nice citrusy clean scents.
I also used to wear only Paris by Yves St. Laurent. Really pretty clean floral scent. Come to think of it I think I'll ask for some for Easter!!

Alison said...

I love Bobbi Brown beach!! I switch around a lot too; I think it might be more fun that way!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Princess Freckles said...

I love the Jo Malone current one. Its so good, but, yes, $$$!