Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Julie & Julia"

"365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen" boasts the tag line of Julie Powell's blog inspired book, "Julie & Julia." I am halfway through my Christmas gift and am really enjoying it! The author and blogger Julie came to a turning point in her life and decided to chronicle her experiences of cooking EVERY recipe in Julia Child's classic cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." This book gets the Barefoot Bird seal of approval for all home chefs and bloggers out there!

The film version, starring Meryl Streep & Amy Adams, is set to release late this summer!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the recc, I need a new book to read!

QueenBeeSwain said...

funny, my mom and I were just talking about this book last night- we both need to read before it comes out in film!

kHm

Tasha said...

I left you an award on my blog :-)

teddi said...

I am already anticipating this movie's arrival!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I'm so glad to hear this is a good read - I've been wanting to check it out and now I will!

adozeneggs said...

I hadn't heard of this book. I'm adding it to my Amazon "wish list"! Thanks for this post.

Princess Freckles said...

WHat aneat sounding book! I'm adding it to my list! Thanks!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

I remember the author being interviewed some morning show and thinking that it sounded good! Thanks for the recommendation!

The Mrs. said...

I have to read this!