Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Meme

I stole this from Ms. Red & White Preppy!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. Just got some cute new ones from Tar-jay

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Hiked up a mountain in the 32 degree rain and chopped mine down last weekend!

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually the first week of December. Its in a stand in the house with lights on, no ornaments as I type!

4. When do you take the tree down? I try and leave it up until Epiphany (that is if its not too dried out), but usually comes down New Years day or the 2nd

5. Like eggnog? I'll only drink about a shot glass of a friends secret family recipe. And yes, I have that secret family recipe.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? I had one that was given to me when I was little by my Godparents, but somehow it got lost.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Purple "Miami Miss" scooter that Santa left on the roof during the ONLY white Christmas I've ever seen! (Why was it on the roof you might ask? Scooters don't fit down the chimney!)

8. Hardest person to buy for? The Badger's parents

9. Easiest person to buy for? sister

10. Worst Christmas gift? a silver charm shaped like a cactus. i also received a charm that looked like a bottle opener as well. umm yeah, i was like 10. weird.

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail! Almost all addressed, just need to choose the photo!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, The Holiday, Love Actually, & Holiday Inn

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? haven't really started yet and that kinda stresses me out!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Guilty.

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Gruyere Cheese Grits & Sausage Egg Casserole

16. Lights on tree? seriously? i love the twinkle!

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Marshmallow World & Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy's from the Nutcracker

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? Used to stay put but now I usually go visit with the Badgers family right after Christmas

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Bow. I usually wire in a crocheted angel!

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? people that don't celebrate the real reason for the season

23. Favorite ornament? I think I may have to do a "tree tour" once the ornaments come out

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? major wish: laptop; minor wishes: wellie boots, clothes, cookbook, surprises

1 comment:

Princess Freckles said...

I had a purple Miami Miss!!!! Oh that was the greatest scooter of all time. You could go so fast!