Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Tours

From here on, every Tuesday I will take you on a "tour" of some of my favorite places and things.



While a designers house is never done, I've decided the first few installments of "Tuesday Tours" will let you take a peak into my "nest." While I love the look of lots of pillows on a bed in catalogs and magazines, I am willing to sacrifice style for comfort and practicality. I am a big fan of the down comforter and duvet. The "wash and go" factor is a must with a dog who likes to cuddle (and sometimes leaves paw prints on the bed!) I recently traded in the white "hotel" duvet for the one pictured. I found it on the sale table at Homegoods. I love the kwid / hicks inspired pattern! It is just a few shades lighter than the "mocha" on my walls and it will disguise Pete's little smudges!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to get a peek into your "nest"! And we did the same thing when picking out comforters, it had to be puppy proof!

The Mrs. said...

Ooooohhhhh I love Tuesday Tours already! I have the white duvet thing (frette of course!) and a dog and it is tough!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

The wash and go is very popular here, too as both Delta AND Tank are BIG(time) snugglers!

Preppy Money Penny said...

I'll be looking forward to Tuesdays! Thanks for the tip on Chelsea Market--it looks great!

Milltini said...

I love it! Its so clean and simple, yet still interesting to look at.

Mojito Maven said...

LOVE that duvet!! I may have to steal this idea...

Sweet Simplicity said...

That bed looks so soft and comfy! I love the soft color. My dog is slowly ruining my nice comforter, so I feel your pain! But he is too darn cute to kick off the bed!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing your home!