Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes! I had a fabulous weekend! I took the day off Friday and spent some time with my mom then headed out to dinner here with some friends to enjoy some margaritas and Mexican food. I had never been to their downtown location but I recommend it with a standing ovation! They were so nice to our group and even gave me a few special birthday surprises!
(The cookie cake came from the BF...notice the pink and green? Nice job!)

We headed to this bar for a cocktail before heading here to listen to a fun band. I am not much of one for late nights and by the time midnight rolled around I was ready to head home. I left my friends to celebrate without me and the bf and i rode a rickshaw home. I LOVED it. I highly recommend it on a non-sticky summer night!


Saturday was spent visiting with my sister who safely returned from Europe. We then headed to North Carolina's oldest town and home of Blackbeard for a wedding (of a couple I set up no less!) The setting was just beautiful...exactly what you would think of a Southern wedding (including the heat and humidity!)


Today we had family birthday supper (which is a mid-day Sunday meal for all you non-y'all speakers out there!) It was DELISH. Fried chicken, pasta salad, biscuits, silver queen corn, butter beans, and fruit salad. My mom and cousin outdid themselves...and my tummy thanks them!!



Hmm..as I type all of this I realize exactly how much I ate this past weekend. Looks like Pete and I have a date with the pavement tomorrow morning before work!

8 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Happy Belated Birthday :) As for the rickshaw, I need to take one of those pronto!

Red and White Preppy said...

WIDD and I always joke about the rickshaw :) Glad you had a great weekend!

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun birthday :) I love your cake!

Hopsy said...

What a fabulous birthday weekend you lucky lady! I adore the cake and might have to steal the idea for my roomies upcoming July birthday. Cookie cakes are just so much easier then other (not to mention tasty!), and when you can get them to look as cute as yours why settle for anything else?!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you had a fun birthday weekend!

Butterfly in the Wolfpack said...

So glad to hear you had a nice birthday weekend! Hope Pete and you are managing to still get walks in with the heat :)

kolls said...

You're making me hungry! :)

Hopsy said...

As mentioned I just adore you cake! I am hoping to get one for my roomie next week and was wondering where yours was ordered from. If you could fill me in and give me the 411 it would be much appreciated! If you would not mind emailing me at kappaprep@gmail.com that would work perfectly. I would hate for Claire to see you comment and my little suprise be ruined!