Thursday, June 26, 2008

Elle.


I felt kinda like Elle Woods yesterday marching up the stairs of the legislative building for the state of North Carolina. I went, along with lots of other designers, to see "our bill" get passed. We waited and listened and waited and listened to the proceedings... then the speaker of the house announces that "due to many requests for keeping this session short, we will not be reading or voting on any of the previously passed senate bills today." UGH! Long story short: we will not be re-visited until January! I understand there is lots to do to run a state, but really...they are so inefficient. They should just ask barefootbird on her tips for multi-tasking. (tee hee hee).


Positive note for this Thursday: tomorrow is my birthday AND today is my last day for the workweek!

7 comments:

Always Organizing said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day :)

Etiquettely Correct said...

Have a great birthday!

SLS said...

Yay for birthday and Friday!!! I hope you have a great day and a fun weekend!

Red and White Preppy said...

I'll wait and wish you Happy Birthday tomorrow :) What are your plans? SNAPS!

Kim said...

Have a fabulous birthday!! Enjoy your day off...do something really fun and relaxing!!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I hope you wore a fab pink suit just like Elle! Have a wonderful Birthday weekend and long holiday!

magnoliabelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!