Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2 Quick Questions!

1. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get stains out of a wooden butcher block cutting board? Miss. Magnolias & Juleps surprised me with strawberries from her field trip in my fridge this past weekend. Unfortunately I left the tops sitting on the board a little too long...and now i have a few red stains. (I loved the berries by the way...thanks!!!)

2. Today must be "blog about pie day!" so here is my input. anyone have a good strawberry rhubarb pie recipe? also, any ideas on where to get rhubarb? i'd like to make one for my host this weekend!

4 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I have always heard that cutting a lemon in half and rubbing it over the surface with salt removes stains.

Enjoy your week!

Butterfly in the Wolfpack said...

Hmm...for the butcher block, I would first try something mild like dish soap. If that doesn't work, maybe something like Murphy's oil soap--but I'm not sure that's the best for putting food back on it afterward--mineral oil might be safer.

Here's my favorite
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe

The Roaming Southerner said...

Yeah, I heard the lemon and salt (coarse salt) too.

Yellow Beads said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!!!